Wednesday 1 September 2010

Weekend Makeover

Oh I do love a bank holiday weekend. Obviously my ideal way to take advantage of the extra day holiday would be a chic city break somewhere, but in the absence of a European mini break, a weekend of DIY comes a close second. I especially love getting stuck in to those jobs which give you a nice big, immediate satisfaction pay-off - and that's exactly what I got with my quick weekend bathroom makeover.

Bathroom before: boring bare window, ho-hum shower curtain.
Bathroom after:
I made the roller-blind following the instructions on the rather brilliant DesignSponge DIY tutorial here. The roller blind is a cheapo Ikea blind, and I just replaced the fabric with fabric from Ikea. I cheated on the DesignSponge tutorial a bit and didn't even sew the blinds, just used iron-on hemming tape to hem the edges and it worked fine.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails