Friday 20 November 2009

Stylish Christmas decorations


Christmas decorations can easily stray into tacky territory, but I found these fantastic ideas while strolling through Flickr today. This beautiful Christmas tree by ATLITW is perfect if you don't have enough space for a real tree in your living room - and I love the way it uses up all those pretty-but-I'm-not-sure-what-to-do-with-it bits and pieces you know you have stashed away waiting for a time to use them. Oh wait, is that just me?

I love this non-traditional Christmas tree and stocking set-up. What a great way to decorate a mantepiece.

I often think Christmas trees look a bit boring in traditional green/red and white but a hodge podge of bright colours can look tacky, so kudos to Boopsiedaisy on Flickr who has made such a fun, candy-coloured display. Love it!


See more of her Christmas pics here.

Finally, the talented swallowfield has inspired me to make this stunning bauble wreath. I really like the slightly clashing red and pink colours. To make the wreath I'm going to start with gardeners oasis wreaths (about 12" diameter) and then thread the baubles onto wire and push them into the oasis in a circular pattern.

I'll post pics to show you the steps if it works out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails